Exploded cap on servo

Last night I started working on a servo tester using the 555 timer. As I am doing more with servos as of late I felt a stand alone servo tester would serve me well in the future. Schematics and board art will be uploaded later in the week when I can finish it and tweak a few things. Today after work I decided I should add a transistor to the schematic for larger servos and loads. It worked. A bit too well in fact. You can see the damage in the pictures below

As you can see the transistor worked. A bit too well. I can only guess at the voltages but it was a bit intense. Loud pops, lots of smoke and bubbled plastic. Its ok I suppose. That servo was starting to annoy me.

comments powered by Disqus